Thanks to all of our beta testers who have given us great feedback on the site! We have just enabled a number of updates that we hope addresses many of the thoughts that our users have shared.
New updates include:
- Full access to data downloads feature including both Raster and Tabular output options.
- Addition of several additional data types for download, available layers now include:
- Actual evapotranspiration
- Net radiation at the surface, includes long and shortwave
- Relative humidity
- Soil moisture at bottom layer
- Fractional moisture in the entire soil column
- Soil moisture at middle layer
- Soil moisture at top layer
- Snow water equivalence
- Air temperature
- Maximum temperature
- Minimum temperature
- Wind speed
- Refreshed look and feel of the tools
- Graph it! feature on all of the mapping tools to quickly view climate charts for local areas across time
- More information about climate change
- Further information about the data used in each tool, including a message about the uncertainty in projection data and disclaimers on their use.
- Refined navigation to improve access to related features
- Generation of direct link in the "Share" tab. This allows you to copy paste a link that if you share with someone will take them to the exact map, location, and settings as you were seeing when you created the link.
- Bug fixes
We will be launching soon to the public soon, thanks again for your help!
Post last edited on: 2011 May 13