Wednesday, May 27
1:00pm - 2:30pm
Online - Link will be emailed to registrants
Participants in the workshop will discuss the data, tools, and support needed for climate change adaptation and resilience in the southern Central Valley (Merced, Fresno, Tulare, Kern, and surrounding areas). Participants will contribute to the continued development of the Cal-Adapt platform, funded by the California Strategic Growth Council and the California Energy Commission.
The workshop will include a brief demo of Cal-Adapt to introduce the latest data and tools available and then break out into discussion groups to generate user feedback and guide the development of new tools and features.
Depending on audience interests, these topics could include:
- Integrating Cal-Adapt with the Adaptation Clearinghouse
- Accessing climate data on Cal-Adapt through ArcGIS and/or R
- Developing a local climate snapshot tool
- Building technical guidance for climate change data and adaptation analysis
- Agricultural climate change metrics and indicators
- Drought climate change metrics and indicators
- Other topics you suggest!
Practitioners and researchers engaged in climate planning and resilience efforts in the southern Central Valley are encouraged to attend. In particular, the workshop will be geared toward staff from city and state planning organizations and natural resource managers.
Please share this information widely with anyone you think might be interested!